“Try stuff. I used to believe that it’s better to be smart than lucky because if you’re smart you can out-think the competition. I don’t believe that anymore—this is not to say that you should strive for a high level of stupidity. My point is that luck is a big part of many successes, so (a) don’t get too bummed out when you see a bozo succeed; and (b) luck favors the people who try stuff, not simply think and analyze. As the Chinese say, ‘One must wait for a long time with your mouth open before a Peking duck flies in your mouth.'”
For more from Guy, check out this post with an awesome video presentation he did on the 12 lessons he learned from Steve Jobs. Worth watching.
The Logomaker Small Business Newsletter is filled with great advice, inspiration from successful entrepreneurs, and the latest on logo design. Subscribe now!
We won't share your email with anyone. Ever.
- Small Business Quote of the Week—Tony Hsieh (4)
- 9 Inspirational Quotes for Small Business from Jay Conrad Levinson, The Father of Guerrilla Marketing (4)
- Small Business Quote of the Week—Jason Fried (4)
- 6 Things Sara Blakely Said about Starting a Small Business (4)
- 7 Quotes from Steve Case on Small Business, Vision, and Risk Taking (4)