There’s the legal work, the idea, funding, attracting customers and sales, hiring staff… the list goes on. On the other hand, it is worth it.
But it could be worse. You could be in Athens.
Check out this report from the business page at ekathimerini.com (a Greek news site).
It took 10 months for these founders to get their e-commerce site approved by the government and up and running—mostly due to the ridiculous regulations and requirements. The silliest? The health department required chest x-rays and stool samples from all the share holders. Yes, you read that right: stool samples.
What this has to do with running a successful business is anyone’s guess.
So, as hard as it is to start your new business, remember, it could be worse. You could be starting a company in Greece.
- Small Business Quote of the Week—Jason Fried (5)
- 13 Quotes on Small Business from Mark Cuban (5)
- 11 Inspirational Quotes from Bill Hewlett and David Packard (5)
- 16 Inspiring Quotes for Startups, Entrepreneurs, and Small Business from Robert Kiyosaki (4)
- 5 Quotes from Ello Founder Paul Budnitz to Inspire Your Startup (4)