The Logomaker Scholarship Program.
Good design is everywhere. It affects how we work and how we live. Good logo design instills us with trust in a particular company, persuades us to make a purchase, or simply brings joy to our lives.
For more than a decade, Logomaker has recognized the role of good visual design by providing small businesses with the resources to create their own logo designs, webpages, and more. We are committed to helping businesses improve their brand image through the power of design.
Logomaker wants to do the same for students. That’s why offer a scholarship program for U.S. students enrolled in undergraduate studies. With this new scholarship, Logomaker hopes to encourage students to think about the importance of art and design in commerce today. We hope to raise awareness of the role of art and design in more places than just galleries.
How to apply.
- Provide a cover letter (may be the body of an email) explaining why you are applying for the scholarship, the name of the college or university you are attending, and a short bio (no more than a page).
- Write an original essay of 500-700 words (roughly two pages) on the impact of art and design in commerce. Get creative. We’re looking for original thinking. Including sample artwork (even your own design work) is encouraged, but not required. For example: You might choose to write about how a logo effectively represents a company to the world; or how it doesn’t. Or you might write about how the use of design in marketing can persuade someone to act or not act in some way. These are suggestions only. Feel free to choose your own related subject.
- Submit the above items via email to email@example.com.
Who can apply.
This scholarship is open to all undergraduate students in the United States regardless of major. However, preference will be given to students studying commercial arts or graphic design. You do not need to be seeking a degree in these fields to apply.
When is the deadline to apply?
The deadline to apply is July 31st each year. The scholarship will be paid to the student’s school of choice for the fall semester.
One scholarship in the amount of $2500 will be awarded each year (fall semester).
- Awards will be given directly to the student’s school to be used for tuition. Any funds not used during the academic year will be returned to Logomaker.
- Essays become property of Logomaker upon submission.
- Original artwork submitted by the student may be shared on Logomaker.com.
Selection process and notification.
The Logomaker Scholarship Committee, appointed by Logomaker’s management team, will choose a winner from all applicants. The winner will be notified by email.
Please address all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curious about Logomaker.com? Click to learn more about logo design.